In celebration of Audi’s heritage and exceptional performance at 24 hour ofLe Mans, Audi SouthAfricahas introduced a limited edition styling package for the A1 compact hatch. South Africawill be receiving 100 units of the special edition A1, which includes design elements influenced by the R18 Le Mans race car.
Design upgrades to the A1 include a bespoke paint job, available in Amalfi White, Glacier White, Misano Red, Phantom Black, and at an additional cost of R1850, Brilliant black, all with R18 decals in red or grey. Further detailing includes symbolic scatterings of the number “378”, the number of laps the Audi R18 Le Mans race car completed in order to secure victory in 2012. The winning drivers’ signatures are also included in the package, placed on the top corner of the rear window. Other upgrades to the special edition include:
- 17-inch cast aluminium wheels in 5-V-spoke titanium look design.
- Competition Kit front spoiler and side sills
- Rear diffuser and Competition Kit rear roof spoiler.
- Sport tail pipes.
- Exterior mirrors in Ice Silver or Misano Red.
- Air vents, centre console, rear-view mirror, floor mats and door-handles in decorative R18 Le Mans design.
The Audi A1 R18 Le Mans Limited Edition is available on all A1 Hatchback and Sportback SE models for an additional cost of R10 800 over and above the standard vehicle price. Pricing on the Audi A1 SE range without theLe Manspackage is as follows:
- Audi A1 1.6 TDI SE manual: R262,500
- Audi A1 1.4T FSI SE manual: R269,000
- Audi A1 1.4T FSI SE S tronic: R286,500
Audi A1 Sportback:
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.6 TDI SE manual: R270,000
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.4T FSI SE manual: R276,500
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.4T FSI SE S tronic: R294,000
All models come standard with a standard 5-year/100 000km Audi Freeway Plan.