The finalists of the 2015 WesBank Car Of The Year (COTY) competition have been announced today, eleven of them in total from an original list of 40 semi-finalists.
In alphabetical order, the finalists are:
- AUDI A3 SEDAN1.4T SE S TRONIC
- BMW M4 COUPE AUTO
- CITROËN C4 PICASSO E-HDI 115 INTENSIVE (Look out for our full road review coming soon)
- HONDA ACCORD 3.5 V6 EXCLUSIVE
- LEXUS ES 250 EX
- MERCEDES BENZ C-CLASS C 200 AUTO
- NISSAN QASHQAI 1.6DCI ACENTA AUTO
- PORSCHE MACAN S DIESEL
- RENAULT DUSTER 1.5DCI DYNAMIQUE 4WD
- SUBARU WRX PREMIUM (Look out for our full road review coming soon)
- TOYOTA COROLLA 1.4 D-4D PRESTIGE
With a relatively widespread list of finalists from different segments including executive coupes, SUVs and even an MPV, the competition will be particularly interesting.
Can Porsche win the competition for the 3rd year running, or will BMW’s monstrous M4 upset the apple cart? Remember, this isn’t merely about performance, but about being the best in segment and moving the game forward substantially enough.
Our opinion? We reckon the Renault Duster is in with a good shot, as well as the Audi A3 Sedan. We do however also think the BMW M4 and Subaru WRX will make a good showing.
After strenuous testing and judging, the winner will be revealed at a gala banquet on the 18th of March 2015.